1. The Studio City Neighborhood Council Transportation Committee meets at 8 p.m. at CBS Studios. Click here for more information.
2. CookLA begins classes for kids and teens at its Ventura Boulevard location on Friday. Click here for more information on the program.
3. There's still time to vote for the LA River Revitalization Corporation to win a $50,000 grant from Bank of the West's fourth annual innovation on philanthropy. Click here for more information.
4. The Los Angeles Department of Water and Power will be hosting a scoping meeting
regarding the groundwater replenishment project at 7 p.m. at Canterbury school in Arleta. The
project proposal calls to use up to 30,000 acre-feet (more than 9.7
billion gallons) per year of recycled water from the Tillman Water
Reclamation Plant (adjacent to Woodley Park) to replenish the San
Fernando Groundwater Basin. Click here for more information.
5. The neighborhood council's Public Safety Committee meeting has been rescheduled for Oct. 10.