My sister and I started a new kids group to help stop global warming called Cool it Kids! We just launched Cool it Kids in August with friends from over 16 schools, including friends at Carpenter, Colfax, Oakwood, Oak Park and even a friend in Florida!
Our first activity is to ask all kids and grownups to sign our petition to President Obama asking him to help us by putting in place a national energy and greenhouse gas reduction plan. We are trying to get as many signatures on the petition as we can by October 15, to send in a first batch to President Obama before the election.
You can now add your name to the petition online! - just click on: http://signon.org/sign/president-obama-help-3
EXTRA TIPS FOR SIGNING THE PETITION ONLINE
1. Use a separate email for each person, kids and adults – it can only take one name per email address.
2. Kids please type in your grade at school after your name- for example -Adam Ant, 2nd Grade.
That way the President knows how many kids care about global warming
3. Type in your own personal comment and it will show up on the petition.
4. Pass the link on for others to sign.
5. Add your name by First Deadline – October 15th, 2012 – want to send to President before election
You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to do more or have questions, and you can follow up on our facebook page at Cool It Kids! (just getting up and running).
We can also send you are 'Fridge List' - a 1 page list for your fridge of some ideas of how to help stop global warming.
Thanks for joining in! We live in Colfax Meadows.
Isabella and Katherine
Greenhouse gases trap solar energy, warming the earth's surface.
LETS STOP GLOBAL WARMING
We Can Do It!
Cool IT Kids