Bridget Smojilvich, of Aston-Woodbridge, Penn., is the winner of the Justin Bieber/Miley Cyrus lookalike contest.
This 16-year-old often gets stopped and asked for autographs, according to her aunt Miki Henderson, a Studio City resident, and especially when visiting here, "She gets chased by fans because Miley is around her all the time—particularly Panera Bread. The paparazzi always confuse her."
There was a great Justin Bieber lookalike, but he does the lookalike semi-professionally around town, so we will keep his photo up, but we let Bridget win.
Bridget wanted the Justin Bieber Holiday DVD (not the latest Miley Cyrus album) as the prize. She likes Miley's music, but heard a lot of good things about Justin's latest DVD.
Did she dress up as Miley or Hannah Montana this year? No, she's done that so many times it gets old among her friends. She was a zombie this year. A Miley Cyrus zombie.
(By the way, the poll below shows that most of you think it's easier to dress up as Miley Cyrus with a close second Justin Bieber. Why would it be easier than dressing up as Hannah? Anyway, you can still vote below...)
It's time for dressing up for a bunch of costume parties this month.
Do you look like either of Studio City's most famous residents?
Have people stopped you for thinking you're Hannah Montana, or do they sing "Baby, Baby, Ooh" to you?
Enter the Patch and Lookalike Contest.
You don't have to really look like them, or live in Studio City, you just have to dress up like them! Come on enter!
It's a simple and fun contest. Add a photo or video to this story underneath the Gallery where it says ADD YOUR PHOTO or video. Add in your name, and fill in the information below and email that to MikeS@patch.com.
Winners will get a CD of your choice of either Justin Bieber's or Miley Cyrus's music.
Also, answer the poll below...who's easier to dress up as?
Please read the rules below. Sign in onto Studio City Patch and add the photo and/or video where it says MANAGE YOUR PHOTOS. Add your name to the caption.
Then, immediately email MikeS@Patch.com with the following information: Name of the person in the photo, city and state, parent's name (if under the age of 18), email and phone number (NOTE: This information will not be published.)
Studio City Patch Justin Bieber/Miley Cyrus Lookalike Costume Contest
No Purchase Required to Enter or Win
1. Eligibility: The Studio City Patch Justin Bieber/Miley Cyrus Lookalike Costume Contest (the "Contest") is open only to individuals who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) who are 13 years of age or older. Employees of Patch Media Corporation, AOL Inc., their advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in the production, development, implementation or handling of Contest, any agents acting for, or on behalf of the above entities, their respective parent companies, officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, service providers, prize suppliers any other person or entity associated with Contest and/or the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members (whether related or not) of each such employee, are not eligible. Subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law.
2. Sponsor: The Contest is sponsored by Patch Media Corporation, 770 Broadway, New York, NY 10003 ("Sponsor").
3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Entry Period: The Contest begins at noon PT on October 4, 2011 and ends at noon PT on October 30, 2011 (the "Contest Period").
5. Entry: During Contest Period, go to StudioCity.Patch.com and follow the instructions to submit your photo or video (the “Submission”) that features you dressed as either Justin Bieber or Miley Cyrus. ONLY THE ENTRANT MAY APPEAR IN THE PHOTO/VIDEO SUBMISSION. Submission will result in one (1) entry. Limit one (1) entry per person per category. The use of any agencies or automated software to submit entries will void all entries submitted by that person. Kids 12 and under must have their parent/legal guardian enter the Contest on their behalf.
Contest entries cannot be revised or altered once submitted. Once submitted, all entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Incomplete or inaccurate entries are void.
Sponsor shall have the right to disqualify any entries that they deem to be obscene, vulgar, sexually explicit, lewd, derogatory, inappropriate, or otherwise not in good taste, as determined by the Sponsor in its discretion. Submissions must be 100% your original work, and must not contain any third party material or content (including but not limited to any company logos or trademarks, photographs, , film or video clips, music, or any other copyrighted or trademarked content) for which you have not been granted specific written permission for this use by the copyright or trademark rights holder. Your video may not contain any music, including music played on a radio or television in the background, added in as an audio track, or used in any other manner, without written permission from the copyright owner.You grant to the Sponsor and its designees the irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, edit, market, store, distribute, have distributed, publicly and privately display, communicate, publicly and privately perform, transmit, have transmitted, create derivative works based upon, and promote your image, biographic information, and comments, or, as applicable, your child’s or childrens’ image(s), biographic information, and comments (collectively, the "Submission") in connection with the Contest and such other products or services as the Sponsor may designate in any medium now known or hereafter devised for editorial, commercial, promotional and/or any other purpose. In addition, the Sponsor shall have the right to reproduce and distribute your/your child’s name, images, likenesses, photographs, voices, biographical materials, and Submission for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in broadcast, print and or other media as the Sponsor may determine in their sole discretion. You retain ownership of all right, title, and interest in and to your Submission. You agree that the Sponsor owns all right, title, and interest in any compilation, collective work, or other derivative work created by the Sponsor using or incorporating your Submission. You hereby grant to the Sponsor the right to edit any of your Submission, in whole or in part. In addition, you hereby grant to the Sponsor and their designees the right to use any edited Submission, or parts of a Submission, without your approval and waive any right to inspect or approve uses of the Submission prior to or following publication and any right to compensation for the Submission. All elements of your Submission must be your original work and must be owned by you, and you must have the right to grant any and all necessary rights and licenses, including without limitation, all necessary copyright and other related rights to all of the materials, free and clear of all claims and encumbrances without violating the rights of any person or entity, including any right to privacy or publicity. By submitting your Submission, you agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor and its officers, directors, employees, and agents from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of your Submission or your participation in any phase of this Contest. By submitting your Submission, you further warrant and represent that: (i) you are the parent or guardian of any minor child(ren) seen in the Submission; or (ii) have obtained written consent from the parent or guardian of such minor child(ren) to include the minor children in the Submission and to grant to Sponsor all rights granted herein, and will be able to provide these permissions to Sponsor upon Sponsor’s written request.
6. Judging: A panel of judges (the "Judges") will select two (2) Winners (one Justin Bieber winner and one Miley Cyrus winner) based on which entrants (in their costumes) look the most like either Justin Bieber or Miley Cyrus. In the event of a tie, the submissions involved in the tie will be reviewed by an additional judge according to the Judging Criteria. Decisions of judges in are final.
7. Winner Notification: Sponsor will notify the potential winners via email at the conclusion of the Contest. In order for potential winners to receive their prize, they must respond to the email within the time period stated and provide their full name, age and mailing address. Failure of any potential winner to provide this information within the stated timeframe will result in forfeiture of the prize, which may then be awarded to an alternate winner.
8. Requirements of the Potential Winners: Except where prohibited, the potential winners may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (the "Affidavit/Release") within seven (7) days of being notified. If a potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release within the required time period, the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner.
9. Prizes: One (1) Winner in the Justin Bieber category will receive a Justin Bieber CD to be selected by Sponsor. One (1) Winner in the Miley Cyrus category will receive a Miley Cyrus CD to be selected by Sponsor. The approximate retail value of each prize is $20.
No cash or other substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The winners are responsible for any taxes and fees associated with receipt or use of a prize.
10. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prize from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In case of a dispute as to the owner of an entry, entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the screen name from which the entry is made. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
11. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Contest or receipt of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Sponsor' liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall the Sponsor be liable for attorney's fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
12. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the Commonwealth of Virginia. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant's rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsors in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Virginia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Virginia.
13. Contest Results: To request the names of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Halloween Costume Contest Winners, 6770 Milner Rd, Los Angeles, CA 90068. Requests must be received by October 31, 2011.