Captain Justin Eisenberg, the commander of the North Hollywood Division of the Los Angeles Police, has had a busy week with the arrest of Edwin Ernesto Cabrera on charges of assaulting 11 elderly women and the release of the suspect's name in the Cheree Ozmanhodzic Valley Village murder.
CBS donated five to six electronic billboards throughout Los Angeles to post Omar Loera's face.
"We are getting tips already," said Eisenberg.
On Thursday night Eisenberg reported, "Our violent crime is down 12 percent this year, homicide down 10 percent and burglary-to-motor vehicle crimes have plummeted and now are only up 1 percent versus 19 percent."
Eisenberg said crimes reported recently in Studio City include:
- A car break-in reported at 2:05 p.m. on Wednesday at Carpenter and Laurelwood.
- A car reported stolen at 6 p.m. Wednesday at Ventura and Vineland.
- Items taken from a car at 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday at the 12000 block of Woodbridge.
- A car break-in reported in the 12000 block of Hoffman on Monday at 9 a.m.
- Theft from a vehicle in the 12300 block of Cantura reported at noon on Monday.
- An item stolen from a car on Monday at 6 p.m. in the 1200 block of Mound View Place.
- A car break-in reported in the 12600 block of Moorpark on Sunday at 1:30 a.m.
- A car break-in reported at 9 p.m. on Sept. 11 in the 12600 block of Moorpark.
- A car break-in in the 4200 block of Coldwater Canyon at 7 p.m. on Saturday.
- A personal theft in the 12700 block of Milbank on Saturday at 11 a.m.
Studio City arrest news:
- Driving under the influence on Sept. 15.
- Driving under the influence on Sept. 12.
- Hit and run with property damage on Sept. 10.