Recently, we have seen a number of early morning and/or nighttime residential burglaries, in each case somebody was home when the suspect entered the residence.
We call them "Hot Prowl Burglaries" and here in Studio City this type of burglary, during these hours is very uncommon. Here is what we know and what you need to know. In the last four days since September 8th through this morning (Sept 12th) there have been 5 "Hot Prowl" burglaries in Studio City.
Three of them have occurred in the Colfax Meadows area.
- 1st One 9/8/12: In the 11600 Block of Acama between 1am-5:45am suspect(s) entered via an unlocked sliding door.
- 2nd One 9/9/12: In the 4200 Block of Troost between 5:15pm-8:30pm, suspect(s) entered via unlocked patio door.
- 3rd One 9/9/12: In the 4200 Block of Colfax between 2:30am-8:30am, suspect(s) entered via an open window.
- 4th One 9/10/12: In the 11900 Block of Laurelwood between 10:30pm-6:00am, suspect(s) entered an open sliding door.
- 5th One 9/12/12: Also in the 11900 Block Laurelwood at 6:30am, suspect(s) entered via open window.
A few commonalities:
All locations were apartments, condo's or town homes.
Suspect entered locations through an unlocked door or window.In every burglary suspect(s) took either a laptop computer, I-Pad or tablet computer.
Please lock all your doors and windows, especially if you live in the Colfax Meadows area or on/near Laurelwood Drive (South of Ventura Blvd off of Carpenter).
None of the victim's had a GPS locating devise on their laptop's or I-Pad's. If they did we could be well on our way of arresting the suspect(s).
Senior Lead Officer, North Hollywood Division,Los Angeles Police Department
firstname.lastname@example.org or 818-634-2593