The Government Affairs Committee (“GAC”) studies, researches, monitors and networks on matters within the jurisdiction of the committee. It reports and provides advice to the SCNC Board on matters that have been addressed by the committee. The committee may also propose motions to be voted on by the Board and impact statements for consideration by the Board.
Matters within the jurisdiction of the committee include but are not be limited to: laws, statutes, ordinances, bills, plans, programs, and proposals at the local, city, county, state and federal level of government including any departments or agencies thereof. Members of the committee attend governmental hearings and meetings in furtherance of the mission of the committee.
Current Government Affairs Committee members are:
- Rita Villa (Co-Chair, Board Member)
- Jeffrey Carter (Co-Chair, Board Member)
- Ann-Marie Whitman (Secretary, Stakeholder)
- Marcella Bell (Stakeholder)
- Barry Johnson (Stakeholder)
- Adam Summer (Stakeholder)
- Richard Adams (Stakeholder)
- John T. Walker (Ex-officio)
Please email us, if you are interesting in joining the SCNC Government Affairs Committee.
Agenda is attached in the PDF area above.
At Edit Building 2, Suite 6 on the lot.