Do you have a question about Studio City? Community activist Lisa Sarkin is answering questions about history and issues in our area in this You Ask ... Studio City Patch Answers column. She often knows who to call, and where to go in order to get things done. Send your questions to Studio City Patch editor or leave it in the Comments section below. Thanks!
Read Part 1 here:I am continuing to bring you information about the Noise Ordinance in this column. It also includes information about what to do about abandoned vehicles. I hope the information assists all of you who have asked questions about these issues.
The following is a list of Los Angeles Municipal Code (LAMC) sections of the Noise Ordinance and a summary of the elements that constitute a violation:
41.32 LAMC-Theatres and Sound Amplifiers
• Operating any sound amplifying system;
• As a part of any show;
• In such a manner that is audible to the human ear;
• More than 50 feet from the property line or structure where the show is being conducted.
41.40 LAMC- Construction Noise
• Engaging in construction, repair, or excavation work with any construction type device, or job-site delivering of construction materials without a Police Commission permit;
• Between the hours of 9:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m.;
• In any residential zone, or within 500 feet of land so occupied, before 8:00 a.m. or after 6:00 p.m. on any Saturday, nor at any time on any Sunday;
• In a manner as to disturb the peace and quiet of neighboring residents or any reasonable person of normal sensitiveness residing in the area.
41.42 LAMC-Music Reproducing Devices
• Every owner or operator of any public resort;
• Where phonograph, loud speaker, or any other device for the reproduction of sound is played for hire;
• Shall not allow the playing of such device;
• Between the hours of 2:00 a.m. and 5: 00 a.m.
Abandoned Vehicle Abatement
Inoperative vehicles stored on private property in residential areas are unsightly and contribute to neighborhood blight. The California Vehicle Code and Section 80.73.2 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code prohibit parking or standing of a vehicle upon any City street, highway or alley for 72 or more consecutive hours. California Vehicle Code 22669 authorizes towing of any vehicle that is inoperable, parked on City streets, and is a public hazard.
An anonymous report may be filed via email at: http://ladot.lacity.org/tf_abandoned_Vehicles.htm
To speak to a Customer Service Representative, you may call 1-800-ABANDON (1-800-222-6366) between the hours of 8am and 5pm, Monday through Friday.
Evenings, weekends, and holidays, you may leave a voice mail message with your name and daytime phone number. A Customer Service Representative will return the phone call the following business day.
Please provide the following information when you call:
1. Vehicle Location Zip Code*
2. License Plate
3. Vehicle Make
4. Vehicle Color
5. Vehicle Location (Street, block # and Cross Street)*
* Minimum required information.