Do you have a question about Studio City? Community activist Lisa Sarkin is answering questions about history and issues in our area in this column. She often knows who to call, and where to go in order to get things done. Send your questions to Studio City Patch editor or leave it in the Comments section below. Thanks!
I receive many questions about what rules apply to trash containers. The following is information from the City Attorney Neighborhood Prosecutor Program [818-374-6837]:
1. Trash containers can be set on the curbside no earlier than 6 p.m. the evening before collection and removed no later than 8 p.m. the following day [call 311 to report violations].
2. It is illegal to deposit rubbish or refuse of any kind on any street or upon any private premises in the City [call 311 to report violations].
3.Trash collection within 200 feet of a residential zone is limited to the hours of 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. [call LAPD 877-ASKLAPD to report violations].
4. Storage containers or private hauling bins must have permits to be placed on public property [call 311 to report violations].
5. The owner or manager is responsible for keeping the premises in a clean, sanitary condition; free from accumulations of garbage [call 888-700-9995 for sanitation; 800-524-2854 for debris].
6. For Bulky Item Pickup or Additional Trash Containers call 311 to set up additional pickups.
The is reviewing these rules to be sure item 1 is currently plausible and may ask the City Attorney to adjust these hours. You may follow the process on the SCNC website www.studiocitync.org.