Studio City Neighborhood Council Update
And then there was the 12th day, on the 12th month, in the 12th year of the new millennium.
12-12-12 is not just a triple date sequence on the calendar, it's the last one we'll see in our lifetimes. It also happens to be the easy to remember date of the next Studio City Neighborhood Council Board Meeting!
Wednesday, December 12, at 7:00 pm.
CBS Studio Center
Building 8 - Room MPR-3
4024 Radford Ave.
Studio City, CA 91604
Click here to download the Meeting Agenda.
- Call to Order & Roll Call (2 min).
- Approval of October Board Minutes (2 min).
- Comments by the President (10 min).
- Public Comments on non-agenda items within the Board’s jurisdiction (2 minutes each) [Lisa Cahan Davis].
- Responses to comments from the Board (2 minutes each).
- Update from Council District 2 by Geoffrey Yazzetta (5 min).
- Southern California Gas Company presentation of the new work starting on its Advanced Meter Project in the City of Los Angeles and specifically in portions of Council District 2 by Ray Verches (15 minutes).
- Treasurer's report by Remy Kessler (5 min).
The Board of the Studio City Neighborhood Council has reviewed the November financial statements and the September, October and November bank statements and hereby accepts and approves them.
- Budget Committee Report by Remy Kessler for Mark Batterman (10 min).
- VANC Report by Denise Welwang (10 min).
- Outreach Committee Report by Lisa Cahan-Davis (10 min).
- Transportation Committee Report by Scott Ouellette (30 min).
- The Board of the Studio City Neighborhood Council requests that a storm drain catch basin be installed in front of 11360 Moorpark Street (North side, East of Tujunga), and the catch basin be tied into the existing storm drain to capture and mitigate recurring stagnant water.
- The Board of the Studio City Neighborhood Council supports the repeal of SB211 (Robins 1991) in order to allow for light rail along the Orange Line Right-of-Way.
- The Board of the Studio City Neighborhood Council requests that LADOT prohibit parking by placing “no parking” signs on the north side of Sunshine Terrace from where the street narrows east of Laurel Canyon to the corner of Sunshine Terrace and Carpenter Ave.
- Government Affairs Committee Report by Rita Villa (10 min).
- Land Use Committee Report by Lisa Sarkin (45 min).
- The Board of the Studio City Neighborhood Council opposes the design and placement of the pedestrian bridge from the Campo de Cahuenga/Metro Redline Station in Studio City to the Universal Studios property. Further, we request compliance with the Brown Act and notification of all MTA hearings related to this bridge.
- The Board of the Studio City Neighborhood Council supports the application made by Petco, Inc. located at 12800 Ventura Blvd. [ZA-2011-2440-ZV] as submitted that includes additional retail space of 761 square feet with indoor grooming, vaccination and training services.
- The Board of the Studio City Neighborhood Council opposes the small lot subdivision located at 12916 Bloomfield Street in Studio City [AA-2012-1852-PMLA-SL], the reduction of driveway width, the high density and use of a common driveway to separate the four homes. Our opposition is consistent with the SCNC’s position opposing the Small Lot Subdivision Ordinance.
- The Board of the Studio City Neighborhood Council urges the City Council to exempt the Studio City Beautification Association and the Studio City Improvement Association from all city fees in connection with city-permitted improvements and maintenance in the city’s right-of-ways – brought by Lisa Sarkin.
- Cultural Affairs Committee Report by Richard Niederberg (10 min).
- Public Safety Committee Report by Richard Adams (5 min).
- ByLaws & Procedures Committee Report by Ron Taylor (5 min).
- Comments from Board Members on subject matters within the Board’s jurisdiction (10 min).
- Adjournment (1 min).