It's our birthday. The Studio City Patch turns 2 today.
And no, it's not my birthday, or Patch's but ALL of our birthdays. (I love how in Holland where my mom grew up that all the relatives are congratulated for one person's birthday, not just the honoree.)
And the reason we all should celebrate is that it all couldn't have happened without the readers, contributors, commentators and stakeholders who come and check out Studio City Patch every day (sometimes a few times a day!)
So, rather than mention everyone who has helped me over the past few years, and rather than regurgitate my favorite stories over the past year, I'm going to let you know how you can get more involved with Patch—a sort of 2-DO LIST. Do you have a second?
* First, have you ? If you like your privacy, don't worry, your email is safe with us, but if you're going to comment, add photos, blog or actively participate in Patch, you first need an account. No, you don't have to post a bio or photo, but it would be nice to see your face. Here's an easy video to follow on how to . And it's good for all Patches.
* Next, have you signed up for our daily newsletter? That brings you the top stories every morning to your email, and you can also sign up for a WEEKLY newsletter instead (or also), and BREAKING NEWS alerts when something major happens. Also there are PATCH DEALS you can sign up for, too, just click on all the boxes (SEE HERE TO SIGN UP: studiocity.patch.com/newsletters). But be sure to check on in the actual site, too during the day for much more!
* Have you LIKED our Facebook Page? There that LIKE button on the top right of this page (you have to sign in to your Facebook account.) This will give you access to fun stuff that's mentioned on those pages that may not appear on the site, and it's a whole new conversation, too. (See: www.facebook.com/StudioCityPatch
* Are you getting our tweets? The overall Studio City Patch Twitter account is: twitter.com/StudioCityPatch and if you just want to follow Star Sightings in the area, then follow at twitter.com/MrStudioCity or both!
* You don't have to wait for a slow editor to post your or announcement or calendar event. You can do it all yourself (click on the links for .) Add a wedding, garage sale, Cub Scout meeting, all for free!
* Do you know you can check on the Traffic and the Cheapest Gas Prices any time of the day on Patch? Go to MORE STUFF on the tabs above, then click COMMUTE.
* Do you want to Blog? Or do you write a blog anyway and want to share it? You can start right away! Follow this You can join the more than 100 other local bloggers, from an to , from cooking to from a to a. Share your thoughts and hobbies. Just sign in and join in.
* Do you have some great pictures to share? In every article at the bottom of the main photo in the article, click on ADD YOUR PHOTO OR VIDEO and just add it on. Or, just post your photo in ou.)
* Write a review of a restaurant or a business! Every business in Studio City has a page in our directory and you can give it a star rating and review. If you own a business you can for free.
* If you don't see a business listing of a place in Studio City, fill out this form that says ADD IT at the bottom of the page and tell us about it, CLICK HERE.
* If you're interested in advertising, write David Peck at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out this form, CLICK HERE.
* Anything that you need to know about what's on Patch, or how to use it, is under the NEWS tab above, under: About Patch, How to, Instructions & More.
FUN FACTS ABOUT STUDIO CITY PATCH:
* Studio City Patch launched on the first day of school on Sept. 13, 2010 and was the 23rd Patch in California and the 159th in the country. Now there are about 900 Patches nationwide.
* We were the first Patch to open within the borders of the city of Los Angeles. Sure, Manhattan Beach, Calabasas and Beverly Hills Patches were around a bit longer than us, but we were the first to be introduced to the Los Angeles Police, the Los Angeles Unified School District, the Los Angeles City Hall and other area-wide agencies. For the most part, we were welcomed and embraced immediately.
* It's interesting that Studio City is actually the physical center of the City of Los Angeles (the actual point is near the in .)
* If you really want to get a laugh, check out my video that is in the video gallery above (or click on the link). My puppies are fatter, my hair is shorter and I have more facial hair now.
* Studio City is trying to deal with the "identity problem" with the fuzzy borders we have. Because we are going by Neighborhood Council boundaries, our area of coverage includes places like The Sportsmen's Lodge, Campbell Hall, Dee's Flowers, Walter Reed Middle School, Rio Vista Elementary School, the Beverly Garland Hotel, TreePeople and many businesses that are clearly in Studio City but have different addresses or ignore Studio City (click on the names and see!) The.
* More than 100 Local Voices have blogs already on Studio City Patch, do you have something worthwhile to say?
So, thanks for a good two years, and please help keep it as exciting as it has been so far.