Lots of fascinating topics have made it into the polls recently, and most of them involved what lies in the future.
A fantastic debate over the most important concerns for Studio City for 2012 seems to be a dead-heat between a new movie theater and keeping businesses in the area.
The presidential election and the End of the World don't seem to be high on anyone's radar.
- What do you think are the most pressing concerns of 2012?
- The presidential election 4 (4%)
- Redistricting and keeping Studio City in one district 5 (5%)
- Pot shops, whether they stay or not 0 (0%)
- Getting a movie theater in Studio City 25 (26%)
- Attracting more business to the area 37 (39%)
- Electing Wendy Greuel as mayor 10 (10%)
- Protecting the environment 12 (12%)
- The End of the Word 1 (1%)
You can still vote on the Most Important Issues of Studio City in 2012.
Lots of people want to save Henry's Tacos and voted as such in .
Do you think Henry's Tacos should have historic status?
- Yes, of course, it's a local Studio City icon. 259 (7%)
- It should be up to the Cultural Board, and not the public. 39 (1%)
- No, the owner should be able to do what he wants with his property. 87 (2%)
Total votes: 385
There have also been redistricting hearings.
Do you think Studio City should be in one City Council District rather than three?
- Yes. It makes sense to keep the community in one district. 170 (80%)
- It doesn't really matter. 5 (2%)
- No. It's great to have three council members represent parts of Studio City. 36 (17%)
Total votes: 211
People are still adamant about Justin Bieber, Miley Cyrus and coyotes, too...
Do you think the Justin Bieber video is appropriate?
- Yes. 18 (5%)
- No. 34 (9%)
- Who cares? 9 (2%)
Total votes: 61
Do You Think Miley Cyrus Could Become the Next Lindsay Lohan?
- No, absolutely not, she has a good head on her shoulders 62 (5%)
- Maybe, she seems to be slipping down that slippery slope 77 (6%)
- Yes, she's following the same messy path 106 (8%)
Total votes: 245
What should we do about coyotes?
- Catch them and move them to remote locations 146 (1%)
- Exterminate them in any way possible 329 (2%)
- Live with them, it's their land too 368 (2%)
Total votes: 843
Do you think billboards like this should be near schools?
- Sure. What's the big deal? Talk to your kids about it. 1141 (9%)
- It's OK, but there should be some ways parents could weigh in. 139 (1%)
- Absolutely not, it's offensive. There should be a law restricting this around schools. 335 (2%)
- All billboards should be banned. 154 (1%)
Total votes: 1769