It is our great privilege to present a one-of-kind opportunity at the next Mid-Valley Community Police Council meeting on Tuesday, September 4th at 6:30 p.m.
Meeting venue will once again be the Valley Presbyterian Hospital – Jean and David Fleming Auditorium – 15107 Vanowen Street Van Nuys 91405
Our guest speaker will present the FACTS to you regarding the legal process our Officers are subject to in their daily work.
PROTECTING THOSE WHO PROTECT OTHERS
Presented by Larry Hanna, Esq.
Fullerton & Hanna LLP
- What is the due process for Officers involved in Officer Involved Shootings?
- What do Officers endure when a (legitimate or retaliatory/unfounded) complaint is filed against them?
- What is the LAPD’s process for internal investigations?
- Rushing to Justice….the pratfalls of media coverage video vignettes.
- What risks do our Officers face every day in addition to their own personal safety?
- What is the Board of Rights process?
These questions and YOURS answered at this meeting!
About Mid-Valley Community Police Council
Since 1978, the Mid-Valley Community Police Council has supported the Los Angeles Police Department – Van Nuys Area by raising money for supplemental training, specialized equipment, state-of-the-art technology, LAPD youth programs, and station improvements. The Council is comprised of local business owners, corporate community stakeholders and area residents who share a commitment to support the LAPD – Van Nuys Area Police Station.
Our monthly meetings are held the first Tuesday of the month and are open to the public. Attending the meetings offers you a chance to hear the most current Crime Recap, the ability to speak with your area Commanding Officer, hear from experts in specialized areas of law enforcement and forge substantive new relationships with peers from the local businesses and community.
We look forward to seeing you on September 4th.