Congrats to local students who attend Loyola Marymount University, Berklee School of Music and more.
Loyola Marymount University has announced the students named to the Dean's List for the Winter 2012 semester. Among them are several local students:
- Chloe Bates, of Studio City
- Samantha Weiss, of Studio City
Students named to the Dean's list have completed 15 semester hours at LMU and earned a cumulative grade point average of 3.5 or better. Additionally, a student must have completed all of his or her courses and never received an F in any course. For more LMU news and events, please visitwww.lmu.edu/news.
• Kristen Ramirez, a senior Hotel and Restaurant Management major and resident of Studio City graduated from Northern Arizona University (NAU) in December 2012 and is pursuing an internship with the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California.
The Disneyland Professional Internship program is a paid experience for students in which they apply what they have learned in classrooms time at Disneyland. On average, 10 students from NAU attend this internship every semester.
Kristen was a part of the Peer Jacks program for three years, serving as a mentor and E-mentor.
Peer Jacks is a student-mentoring program exclusively for out of state students attending NAU that helps freshman transition to university life by building community. Peer Mentors are successful upper-classmen who help underclassmen to have a memorable college experience, starting with their freshman year.More information about the program is online at http://nau.edu/student-learning-centers/peer-jacks/
* Julia Olson, of Studio City, is now a student at the University of Delaware.
The University of Delaware, founded in 1743, is one of the most popular universities in the U.S. Our student body encompasses nearly 17,000 undergraduates, 3,700 graduate students and 850 students in professional and continuing studies from across the country and around the globe.
• Berklee College of Music announces that the following local students have earned placement on the Dean's List for this last semester of the 2012 academic year:
Lauren Desberg of Valley Village
Maxwell Schad of Studio City
Berklee College of Music was founded on the revolutionary principle that the best way to prepare students for careers in music was through the study and practice of contemporary music. For over half a century, the college has evolved constantly to reflect the state of the art of music and the music business.