With summer just around the corner, it’s always a good idea to start searching for summer camps for the kids. There's the Destination Summer Camp, and also a camp planned for Carpenter Community Charter School.
Here are a couple of other suggestions from the :
- Starts Plus Day Camp (www.sportsplusdaycamp.com): With locations in Sherman Oaks, Chatsworth/Northridge, and Calabasas, the Sports Plus Day camp offers a wide array of athletic activities such as baseball, basketball, bowling, football, Frisbee, golf, gymnastics, hockey, ice skating, lacrosse, recreational games, soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field and volleyball. On Fridays, the camp takes their campers on special field trips and activities. It’s a camp for the true sports enthusiast.
- Summer Art Academy (www.summerartacademy.com): An art camp offering a unique summer experience that will spark your child’s creativity in music, theatre, sculpting and art. The Summer Art Academy is a full day camp with locations on Valley Village and Agoura Hills. Art programs are offered to children ages 5 to 14 while cooking programs are offered to participants between 7 and 16.
- JOIN the Band (www.jointheband.com): Join the Band is a special summer camp experience for the musically inclined. All activities are geared towards creating the perfect musical experience from song writing to making your own guitar. The studio, located in Sherman Oaks, offers workshops on music performance, jazz band, and song recording. The end of the camp experience culminates into a performance from each student or group of students.
- Camp Funtime (www.campfuntime.org): A summer camp focusing on creating memories and friendships, they offer numerous amounts of activities from arts and crafts to sports. Campers also go on weekly field trips that include theme parks to a day at the beach. Located at a five acre site in Encino, prospective campers will have a lot of space to experience various activities this camp has to offer.
- Sunny Days Camp (www.usu.csun.edu/sunnydays): The Sunny Days Camp in the University Student Union at California State University, Northridge is an accredited summer camp open to children entering grades K – 7. The campers are grouped according to age group and enjoy a wide variety of activities from sports to arts and crafts to musical performances. Every Wednesdays, campers go on field trips to destinations such as the Los Angeles Zoo, the California Science Center, and the Aquarium of the Pacific.