This church was founded in 1924 after the Christian Church in Los Angeles sponsored an evangelical tent meeting in the farming community of Lankershim. In 1949 the congregation moved into its current sanctuary, which has become a landmark. Social and community outreach programs include The Advent Theatre, The Christmas Tree Lot in support of children's charities and Musical Sunday Afternoons. The church was one of the five founders of the North Hollywood Interfaith Food Pantry and is the pantry distribution center. Robert M. Bock is the Senior Pastor.